How We Work
As independent, fee-only advisors, we accept no commissions or referral fees, which eliminates any potential conflicts of interest regarding compensation. We offer a complimentary initial consultation where we will discuss your issues and decide if we can work together.
Our business model includes a 4-phase, client-centric approach to the financial planning process, meaning we actually guide you through a process to get financially organized. Then we explore and set realistic and achievable goals and finally, we formulate the tactics to reach those goals.
- We help you create a comprehensive household cash flow summary—drawing a full picture of all the money coming and all the money going out.
- We help you create a household balance sheet—drawing a full picture of what you own and what you owe.
What is important to you?
- We'll look at alternative scenarios based on where you'd like to be or what you'd like to do.
- Then we'll brainstorm appropriate financial planning strategies and analyze specific tactics to achieve best possible results.
What do you need to do first?
- What needs to be done to achieve your goals?
- What is your priority? Investment portfolio changes? Review insurance policy? Update will? Each situation is different.
Here's your plan
- We'll summarize your personal data, goals and recommendations in a printed plan for you to keep and review.
- We would highly recommend that you review your plan at least once a year or as your personal situation changes.
Our fees include access to us for at least 3 months after we've completed your plan—as questions invariably come up.
You need to know where you are before you know where you're going. (Anonymous)
Know what you own and why you own it. (Peter Lynch)